Awkward and Awesome Thursdays

Awkward
- Weird sunburn lines. I have a random rectangle of bright red on my left arm and side boob burns on either side of my bosom. Must learn to apply sunscreen to side boob and arm rectangle.

-The little foam padding that comes in bathing suits. It gets really lumpy and I want to take it out, but then I get nippilitis. Thus, I try to even it out but it never works and I always end up looking like I have strange lumpy boobs.

-When someone you are talking to gets nipplitis, but only on one boob. And your holding a conversation with them and you have to try really really hard to focus on their eyes and not their lopsidedness.

-The fact that at 20 years old, I still cannot hook my bra strap behind my back. I always have to do an awkward battle over my head or do the hook-in-front-slide-to-the-back dance. Am I the only one untalented like this? Is everyone else in the world super skilled at bra hooking? Did I miss that class in health class in middle school or something?

-THE FACT THAT ALL OF MY AWKWARDS ARE ABOUT BOOBS SOMEHOW. Sorry about that one....

-Ok let's switch it up a little...butts. People who get butt sweat. Have you seen them before? Chronic butt sweaters? I just feel so bad and awkward for them walking around in public with sweaty pants. Having to go through life, all alone, just them and their soaked through trousers and bum sweat. Ok, they are probably not all alone. SOMEONE must be able to look past the bum sweat secretion. Not me though, and thus I am very happy fiance has a very normal sweat excretion. Aka. Not from his bum.

Awesome
-Being on vacation! Lots of bloggy time, relaxing time, and time to read!!


-I hit 600 followers this week! YAY

-247 days until I get married. YAY YAY

-I have my first OFFICIAL blog sponsor, Meagan from Fairly Fabulous! Look for a post about her tomorrow. pst. want to be a sponsor too? check out my advertising page

-I'm going to a murder mystery dinner on Saturday!!! It's 1920s Godfather themed. I've been practicing my New York/slightly Italian accent (and failing miserably by the way) and preparing my flapper-inspired outfit.  Look for a DIY feather headband project on Sunday night!


-The lovely sun-kissed blond color all this time on the beach is giving my hair. Ok. and a little sun-in along the way might have helped a little as well...


blonde...ish!

17 comments

  1. Hehe--I do the front to back bra dance too. When I fasten it in the back it gets twisty and winds up somewhere near my neck, lol. I learned this the hard way in sixth grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee; this made me laugh! I have the daily bra battles myself, which for me, are compounded by the fact that the girls are starting a new life post-breastfeeding. It's like a whole lifetime of awkwards to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never use to have an issue with bras until after I had my baby. However my boobs have their own freaking orbit now so that probably is holding me back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the bra dance too until I was about 18? I can't remember what clicked or I would share the secret!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't hook my bra in back and I'm 28, so now I get to feel awkward. And don't get me started about weird burn lines and I do call them burn lines because I don't tan, because I get them ALL THE TIME!!!

    P.S. you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hook in the front and slide it around too. also speaking of hooking of the bra, remember that one time in gym class in junior high.??.. hahaha:-) i will never forget the look on your face!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me smile/laugh so much!! Boy do I miss rooming with you! :) I hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha - I love all the boob-themed awkwards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, also, I still hook my bra in the front and turn it around...dunno if I'll ever move on from that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eck. I always fight with that bathing suit top foam thing. I thought it was due to my lack of boobs.. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Haha. Side boob burn? Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are just too funny! I did the bra-strap-hooking-in-front-and-sliding-backwards until I was around 24? That was the time one of my girlfriends told me that as adults, we should be able to hook it directly at the back :-/ I didn't know that before she told me that day years ago, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry - no bra hooking problems here!

    BUT I DO HATE BATHING SUIT PADDING! Ugh I hate looking like I have lumpy boobs!

    PS- my PROFESSOR got nippilitis during class tonight...in one boob. AWKWARD is right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. " All of my awkwards are about boobs somehow " cracked me up! You're such a goofball!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're hilarious! Hook the bra in the front and turn it around! That's what I do. Although I am extra talented and can hook it in the back as well. It's okay, don't be jealous... It's a talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too funny! I can't hook my bra in the back either! I'm a slider!
    Congrats on your follower mark of 600! You go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AW- you are cracking me up, lady. Love that all the awkwards are boobs....and a butt. So funny. Thanks for the little shout out! Enjoy the vacay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this post and ran out to get stuff to make hair a little lighter! :) I just love the look! :)

    ReplyDelete